Today GK & Current Affairs Updates. Important Current Affairs Questions – 16th August 2019. GK & Current Affairs today Quiz. Latest Current Affairs Questions for RRB NTPC & SBI Clerk Mains 2019. Welcome to Humsikhatehain.com online Current Affairs section. If you are preparing for Banking & Insurance, SSC, Railways and other competitive exams, you will come across a section on the Current Affairs. Here we are providing you “GK & Current Affairs Quiz August 2019″ in PDF format based on the current events for your daily practice.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the creation of the post of Chief in which sector in his Independence Day speech 2019?
Ans: (b) Defence
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) in his sixth consecutive Independence Day speech. The Chief of Defence Staff will help integrate all three services – the Indian Army, the Air Force and the Indian Navy.
- Which state launched the ‘Village Volunteers System’ on the occasion of Independence Day?
a) Andhra Pradesh
Ans: (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the ‘Village Volunteers System’ to provide services at doorstep of people. The system was launched on the occasion of Independence Day.
- The Panchamirtham prasadam was recently granted the GI tag. It belongs to which state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
Ans: (d) Tamil Nadu
The Panchamirtham prasadam of Tamil Nadu was recently granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The panchamirtham is given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple of Palani, Tamil Nadu.
- Which batsman has become first cricketer to score 20,000 international runs in a decade?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Babar Azam
d) Francois du Plessis
Ans: (a) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade during the match against West Indies. He has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade.
- What is the name of scheme PM Modi recently announced for water conservation and household pipeline supply?
a) Pradhanmantri Jal Abhiyan
b) Jal Shakti Mission
c) Jal Jeevan Mission
d) Jal hai toh kal hai
Ans: (c) Jal Jeevan Mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his Independence Day speech that the government will launch a Jal Jeevan Mission to bring piped water supply to every house. He also urged the people to come forward and contribute in conserving water resources.
- Who has been recently honoured with Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Award?
a) Amitabh Kant
b) K. Sivan
c) Dr. Rajiv Kumar
d) M.K. Rudra
Ans: (b) K. Sivan
ISRO Chairman K. Sivan, was awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award by Tamil Nadu government. He was awarded in recognition of his stellar work in promotion of science and technology. The award carries 8 gm gold medal, Rs.5 lakh in cash and a citation.
- How many states have signed MoU with Union Ministry of Textiles for skilling about 4 lakh workers as part of Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector (SAMARTH)?
Ans: (a) 16
SAMARTH is skill development scheme of Union Ministry of Textiles, covering the entire value chain of the textile sector excluding Spinning & Weaving in organized Sector. It was approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in December 2017.
- Name of former Indian cricketer and national selector who recently passed away at the age of 57?
a) Kumar Mangleshwar
b) Sanjay Parikh
c) Pawan Arora
d) V B Chandrasekhar
Ans: (d) V B Chandrasekhar
Former India batsman VB Chandrasekhar passed away at the age of 57 in Chennai. Chandrasekhar, who is survived by his wife and two daughters, represented India in seven ODIs and played 81 first-class matches.